SCEC-endorsed Security Zone Consultants are endorsed by the Australian Government Security Construction and Equipment Committee (SCEC) to provide physical security advice on the:
- design, acceptance testing and commissioning of Type 1 Security Alarm Systems; and
- design and construction of security zones as defined in the Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework and the ASIO-T4 Technical Notes.
SCEC-endorsed Security Zone Consultants must:
- have qualifications and/or lengthy experience relating to electronic security systems;
- be assessed by SCEC to be suitable for the Scheme;
- maintain a minimum NV1 security clearance; and
- abide by a Code of Conduct.
For further information, see SCEC Security Zone Consultant policy and supporting documentation.
Briefing for New SCEC-endorsed Security Zone Consultants
Applications are currently closed.
Briefing for Renewing SCEC-endorsed Security Zone Consultants
SCEC endorsement is re-assessed every five (5) years. Consultants applying for re-endorsement are required to complete a renewal application form and will be assessed for their ongoing suitability for the Scheme. Suitable applicants will be required to attend an ASIO-T4 briefing and achieve a pass on an assessment of competency before endorsement will be applied for a further term.
Consultants are required to submit their renewal applications at least six months prior to their expiry date.