Security Incidents - an obligation to report!
In the rare occurence that a security incident occurs with a destruction service, you must report the security incident. This reporting process is not driven to punish a destruction company, but rather, to identify the key problem and prevent it from happening again. A destruction company is expected to destroy classified material accordance with the endorsement criteria requirements - failure to do so, may result in a breach, a suspension, or revocation of their endorsement. SCEC does not pursue a security incident further if the wrong service has been ordered.
You may also report, in writing, any positive or negative feedback with a PSPF endorsed destruction company.
Security Incidents - what should you do?
- transportation vehicle left unattended for more than 15 minutes;
- classified material stored overnight at the facility;
- inappropriate destruction equipment used (ie wrong screen size) for level of classification;
- theft, loss or compromise of classified material;
- the handling of information by personnel who have not met the security checking requirements; and
- any other issue relating to a breach of security