SCEC will continue to accept applications for new courier companies; however, will not undertake the endorsement process until after 1 July 2018.
The following pre-requisites must be met by a courier company and will be assessed by the Chair of SCEC prior to acceptance of a company's application:
- Operated as a commercial courier service for a minimum of two consecutive years and meet the majority of a SCEC Endorsement Criteria - Safe Hand Courier Services.
- Agree to initial and ongoing examination of its services to ensure compliance with criteria requirements.
- Agree to initial and ongoing assessment of foreign ownership.
- Nominated couriers agree to be subject to initial and ongoing personal background checks; prejudicial results will exclude an individual from undertaking the safe hand courier duties.
- Company is ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems certified by a third party register.
- A facility that holds a Transported Asset Protection Association Freight Security Requirement Certification.
The SCEC Endorsement Criteria - Safe Hand Courier Services is available on request.